Become A Student
A Student is any registered user who has a profile and can pursue courses on examBrains.com. Infact all users are considered as student.
Once a user is registered, examBrains would not acknowledge it unless he/she logs into the platform. Logged in users would see their profiles appear in the user’s directory. So for examBrains to recognize the user as a student, the user must login to the platform at least once.
In this guide we’ll learn how a student interacts at various points on examBrains. Student have lesser rights than instructors and education providers. Here are the students rights given below:
- A Student can pursue courses.
- A Student can purchase courses.
- A Student can rate and review courses and access free course units.
- A Student can check his/her own results by viewing the course statistics.
- A Student can send a private message to instructors and other students.
- A Student can create friends by sending a friend request to instructors and other students.
- A Student can join or leave a group.
- A Student can Book an Instructor for online/offline classes.
How to Register[ps2id id=’anchor-link-htr’ target=”/]
- To register, a student needs to simply click on the signup link on the header.
- Student is taken to the Registration page.
- Student should fill all the details in the registration page and click on complete signup button at the bottom of the registration form.
- After this, the student gets an email at the registered email address with an activation link.
- The Student account is finally created on examBrains only when student clicks on the activation link.
- Student can now login into examBrains using the login/password credentials entered in the registration form.
- Logged-in users are redirected to the account Dashboard where they can view menu tabs required to manage the students account.
Profile[ps2id id=’anchor-link-profile’ target=”/]
- Login to the examBrains
- Click on View Profile link on your account dashboard.
- Click on Edit button to edit the profile.
- Enter the fields, like name, location, Biography. Student should ensure all details are accurate.
Profile Photo[ps2id id=’anchor-link-pp’ target=”/]
A Student can change his/her profile photo from the edit profile section itself. The photo edit section can be located in the profile section. The student can simply edit the photo, delete the photo or upload a new photo. Upon uploading the new photo the student can also crop it to a fitting size.
Student Menu[ps2id id=’anchor-link-sm’ target=”/]
1, Dashboard : Student can view his/her own course progress, no of units completed, finished courses, his statistics, can prepare his to do tasks, course events.
2, Courses : This section consists number of completed courses by students, the courses in which student is enrolled. It consists of further three subcategories : My Courses, Results, Stats.
3, Activity : This section records the activities of student. It consists of further 6 subcategories:
4, Profile : Student Profile is visible here where he can upload cover image as well as his profile photo.
5, Notifications : All the notifications are visible in this section(e.g. instructor notifications, course evaluated, course reset for student).
6, Messages : All the messages sent to students is visible in this section.
7, Wishlist : User/Student Wishlist is visible in this section
8, Friends : Whenever someone send you friend request, that will be visible in this section. And, if you are already a friend with someone then that will also be visible in this section under friendship subcategory. You can also send friend request to someone. For that access site url/members, it will display list of all members now just click on add friend and when that person accepts your friend request. Both of you become friends.
9, Groups : Groups membership and group invitations will be visible in this section.
10, Forums : It consists information like topic started in the forum, replies created, favorites, subscriptions.
11, File Manager : It records the file sharing between members and friends.
12, Settings : It consists general settings such as changing your password, resetting password, email notifications, setting for your profile visibility, delete, account.
13, Achievements : Display your achievements.
This section covers all the aspects of Student pursuing a course in detail. Right from browsing the course, to purchasing, completing the course, checking the results for the course and finally submitting the course and getting a badge or certificate of the course.
Browsing[ps2id id=’anchor-link-browsing’ target=”/]
A student can browse through all the courses through the Course directory. The course directory consists of all the courses from all the instructors and education providers. Each course line in course directory shows the Title of the course, a short description of the course, the price of the connected product for the course, the ratings, review count of the course and the total number of students which have taken the course.
A student can use the search bar to search for a specific course. A student can sort the course directory. Following are options available for sorting the directory:
- Alphabetical : Shows the courses in Alphabetical order.
- Newly Created : [Default] Shows the courses in Date published order.
- Most Members : Shows the courses in Student count order.
- Highest Rated : Shows the courses in star Rating number order.
After finalizing on a course, the student can simply click on the course name to see the course page.
The course page contains several details for a student to decide on to take the course.
- Vital Information is located on top right corner with information like : Required Pre-Course, Price of Course, Course Badge, Course Certificate.
- Course Description is shown on the course home page
- Course Reviews are shown at the end of the course description
- Total number of students who have taken the course.
- Students Taking the course can be seen in the Students section in the Course home.
- Student can also view course curriculum.
- Student can click on Free units to go through each unit.
Purchase[ps2id id=’anchor-link-purchase’ target=”/]
- To purchase the course a student simply needs to click on “Take the Course” button, the student is then redirect to the connected product for the course.
- A connected product can be of One time payment type or Subscription type
- A Student can also browse through the Products and there may be products which may offer a combination of courses.
- Student can simply add the product to the cart and proceed with the purchase process to purchase the product.
- After Purchasing the product, student is automatically connected to the course group and forums.
Start Course[ps2id id=’anchor-link-sc’ target=”/]
- Once the student has purchased the course, the student is eligible to take the course. If a course has Pre-required course then the student can not start the course unless the pre-required course is finished and evaluated by the instructor.
- Once the course has been started the student can access the course units and can access the course timeline.
- Each unit may be connected to a Unit forums where a student can ask questions and interact with the Instructor and other students.
- A student can also download attachments for each unit. A student can also download attachments uploaded in the group.
Completing Units[ps2id id=’anchor-link-cu’ target=”/]
- After the student has finished with a unit, the student can mark the unit complete.
- To mark the unit as complete the student simply needs to click on the link at the bottom of each unit “Mark Unit complete”.
- Once the Unit is marked as complete, a green colored dot appears on the course timeline in front of the marked unit.
Taking A Quiz[ps2id id=’anchor-link-taq’ target=”/]
- Quizes are an integral part of examBrains. Quiz are independent units which can or can not be connected to any course.
- A student can simply click on the Quiz in the course timeline to being with the Quiz.
- Upon clicking the link the student is taken to the quiz interface. The quiz page shows instructions for the quiz.
- To start the quiz the student simply needs to click on start quiz button.
- Once the quiz is started the timer starts running.
- If a student drops out from the quiz, the student can join the quiz within the time allotted for the quiz. Which means the timer will keep on running even if the student is not taking the quiz.
- The Quiz can be submitted by the student simply by clicking on the button Submit Quiz.
- If the student does not submit the quiz and the timer counts down to Zero, the quiz is automatically submitted.
- Once the quiz is submitted the student can check his/her marked answers by clicking on Check quiz results button.
- Now student awaits for instructor to evaluate the Quiz if quiz is set for manual evaluation.
Submitting Courses[ps2id id=’anchor-link-suc’ target=”/]
- Once all Units and Quizes in the course are complete
- The student can go to course timeline and click on Finish course button the submit the course for evaluation.
Reviewing Courses[ps2id id=’anchor-link-rc’ target=”/]
- The course review has to be done after submitting the course.
- To review the course the student simply has to click on Review Course button below the Course Timeline
- The student can now review the course by rating the course our of 5 and giving his/her comments for the course.
Results[ps2id id=’anchor-link-results’ target=”/]
- Once the students have submitted the quiz.
- The Instructor evaluates the quiz and an automatic message is sent to the students with their marks from link to check the quiz scores.
- The student can also check the quiz results in the Profile -> Courses -> Results section. This feature is basically used when an instructor manually evaluate the quiz. In auto evaluation a student got his result just after submitting the quiz.
- Once the Instructor has evaluated the submitted courses and given marks to each student for course. The student receives an automatic message and notification. The message contains the percentage student got in the course.
- The student can check the Course percentage in the Profile -> Courses -> Stats section
Badges And Certificates[ps2id id=’anchor-link-bac’ target=”/]
- If the student has got course percentage above the Badge percentage then the student gets a badge. This badge is shown in students profile.
- If the student has got course percentage above the passing percentage then the student gets a passing certificate. This certificate is shown in the Students profile page. The student can also print this certificate.
Book an Instructor[ps2id id=’anchor-link-bai’ target=”/]
There is a student view tab which students can access. They can check the available schedule and can book the appointment from here.
- When a Student books a schedule the request will be visible in the instructing appointments tab (only visible to the instructor)
- Acceptance of appointments depends on whether It depends on the instructor whether he accepts the request or rejects the request
- After Instructor accepts schedule request, Appointments will be visible in Course Appointments tab in the student’s account.
- Activity logs logs can be viewed form the activity tab.
- Student will receive notifications when appointments are accepted or rejected.