Poverty Is The Biggest Barrier To E-Learning In Africa and not poor internet...
The CGFNS Certification Program, is designed specifically for graduates of nursing schools located outside of the United States of America, interested in practicing as registered nurses in the U.S.
What are the general requirements of the CGFNS Certification Program?
Complete the CGFNS application form. Prepare and send a Nursing Education Form to the nursing school where you obtained your diploma/degree to have them send your transcripts directly to CGFNS®.
Prepare a Validation of Registration/License form for every license you have ever held and send each form to the issuing authority(ies). Send a clear copy of your high school diploma or equivalent.
If your diploma is not in English, you will need to send a certified, word-for-word English translation with this form. Send three signed photographs of yourself and complete the CGFNS Photo Identification Card.
Enclose the application fee in U.S. dollars, drawn on a U.S. bank. Send an international money order or certified bank check payable to “CGFNS®” or pay with one of the following credit cards: Visa, Mastercard or Discover/Novus.
How much is the Salary?
Generally between US$ 16.00 to US$ 25.00 per hour depending upon experience and skills. A nurse can work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Eligibility for CGFNS
An applicant from Nigeria or any other country must have completed a senior secondary school education separate from their nursing education; graduated from a government-approved nursing program of at least two years in length.
CGFNS Certification advantage:
- The certificate will help nurses meet USA different states requirements for the registered nurse licensure exam. Most states require a CGFNS® Certificate from nurse educated abroad before they can take the NCLEX-RN® examination
- CGFNS Certificate holders consistently have a higher rate of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination than internationally-educated nurses who do not hold a CGFNS Certificate. Passing the CGFNS Qualifying Exam can help applicants to feel reasonably assured of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination.
- The CGFNS Certificate helps applicants to qualify for an occupational visa.
- Generally a certified nurse earns between US$ 16.00 to US$ 25.00 per hour depending upon experience and skills. A nurse can work a minimum of 40 hours per week.
- Anyone with an interest in selecting candidates who have a high probability of success on the NCLEX-RN® examination will find the program highly beneficial. Nurse applicants, U.S. Boards of Registered Nurses, the U.S. Department of Labor, the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service, universities and employers all make use of the CGFNS Certification Program.
Cgfns®Test Locations and Date
The CGFNS® test is taken all year round, especially on weekends. There are few authorized CGFNS test locations currently administering the CGFNS iBT test in Nigeria, Ghana.
Because of the high demand for the test, seats get quickly filled up, so students are encouraged to enroll ahead of time in order to get their preferred test dates and locations.Register Exam